Slides 4 Review — Opinion About a Static Website Generator by Designmodo
Building webpages can be a very difficult task for some people, which is why they rely on tools to help them through the process. Designmodo is a company that people have trusted for their website building needs for a while now. But does their latest offering of Slides 4 live up to their reputation?
Read on to learn more about this new tool and why it could be exactly what you need to optimize your website.
Slides 4 is the product of the day on ProductHunt. Read the Slides 4 ProductHunt reviews here.
What is Slides?
The first thing that may be wondering is “What is Slides?”. This is a tool that allows you to create webpages that have one-page but can transition through different content. But what makes this particular offering a better choice than other ones on the market?
There are a few things that make Slides stand out. For one thing, you are able to have access to over 60 stunning slides (or web elements) as well as the ability to easily create your website. Static site generators are on trend right now for web design, which means that it is important for you to sift between all of the options to find the perfect one for you.
Here are some features for in Slides 4:
- Quick Build — You can get an excellent website up and running in only a short period of time.
- Ready to Code — You start with a clean code that is easy to understand and completely customizable.
- Use Examples — Sometimes you need to find examples of how to use specific external plugins and native modules.
- Quality Templates — There are about 15 high-quality templates that you can choose from to get the look you want.
- Cool Adjustments — You can have total controlover the animation speeds, pre-loading and navigation appearance. These are just some of the things that you can take control of when designing your page.
- Styles — You have seemingly endless options for the different fonts and form elements.
- Copy and Paste — You can use the copy and paste features to set up the layout of your website so that you can easily add your content in later.
There are so many different combinations of options that you can choose from to create a website that adequately works for your individual needs. Your website needs to perfectly represent who you are as a business.
Your website is an extension of your brand, so you need to create something that can help you achieve your business goals.
Read on to learn about the pros and cons of this website builder framework.
- The biggest pro about this static website generator is just how easy it is to use this tool. Since this tool is all about simplicity, pretty much anyone is capable of using it without having to get a coder to handle website design. You can use this tool to create a gorgeous website on a budget that you can more easily afford. Even without a lot of knowledge in the area of web development, it can take mere minutes to create the perfect website for your business. This is especially useful for small businesses as they are trying to build up their brand.
- Because it is so easy to use, there is also the factor that you can quickly setup a website using this tool. Since static website generators use one page with many slides on it to make your website seem more elaborate than it actually is.
- You will also be surprised at just how many design options that you have with Slides 4. The problem when you get programs like this, especially on the more affordable range, is that it’s hard to give your website the truly unique look that you want to make your brand stand out.
- There are two different pricing options: personal and agency. This means that you only have to pay for only what you need on a yearly basis. The Personal plan covers 1 project with access to all of the features of the program. With the Agency plan, you get unlimited projects in addition to everything that you get with the basic plans.
- Slides is made for single-page and multi-pages websites that have slide transitions.
There are a few cons that you should consider before you decide on this choice.
- First of all, despite being a more affordable option than some other choices or even paying a web developer, it can still be an expensive. At $199 and $249, this can be pretty pricey. BUT, if you have a studio who creates websites for clients, it’s a big deal and you will return your money in maximum one month. Also, you can buy one-year subscription, create your website, and after this you can cancel your subscription, the website will not disappear!
- It is very easy to use but you may still need some basic web coding to use this framework. This can be a problem for people who don’t have the time to learn basic coding or have someone on staff that can handle it. If you have basic knowledge in this, you can easily use this program.
So, is Slides 4 the product for you? The answer can really depend on what you need for your business. There are different annual payment options for you to choose from:
do you need just one website? — so the best option is the personal plan,
do you build websites for your clients? — so here you need the agency plan with unlimited websites creation.
You also want to think about what your website consists of. As you can see, there are quite a few pros to this program, but it still may not be the best choice for everyone’s business.
You have to think about the needs of your business before you decide on whether or not Slides 4 is for you.